For latest travel update, visit this page
After nineteen long months, totally closed to regular travelers, Uruguay finally opens its borders from November 1.
Uruguay travel entry requirements
Who can enter?
Uruguay is allowing entry for the following travellers:
1. People showing proof of vaccination in the last nine months prior to arrival. Accepted vaccines include Coronavac and Sputnik as well as those available in the EU and elsewhere.
2. People who show proof of having had Covid-19 a minimum of 20 days or a maximum of 90 days prior to embarkation. Proof can be a positive PCR or antigen test. [The antigen test option is NEW]
3. The under-18s, vaccinated or unvaccinated.
The good news: New arrivals will not need to quarantine.
4. Unvaccinated travellers can apply for a permit to travel
Other travel requirements
- show proof of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 72 hours of embarkation
- provide a sworn statement up to 48 hours prior to embarkation confirming the absence of symptoms and contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases in the 14 days prior to admission. Complete the form <– NOW IN ENGLISH. Tip: If you’re uploading test results or other attachments and the file size is too large, it will give errors over and over again. Save the attachment with less resolution so the file size is smaller, and it works (Thanks, Jen!)
- have health insurance.
The latest on the pandemic in Uruguay
April 1 2022 The Uruguay government declared the end of the health emergency on April 1 after 752 days. 84% of the population has received at least one shot. 64% have received at least one (third) booster shot. Click the 'Covid-19' link in the site menu bar for collected reports from Guru'Guay.
Traveling to Uruguay? Requirements were updated by the government on April 1 2022. Check out what you need to travel at this time.
Here’s my reply to how the Covid situation is like in Uruguay. I thought maybe you’d also be interested in an update. March 2022.
Uruguay opened for travel from November 1 with just a few general restrictions. Find out what they are, and rejoice—no more quarantine!
If you have not been vaccinated against Covid-19, you can now enter Uruguay with a permit to travel from the government.
Uruguay has done well to obtain vaccines from three different manufacturers, and so cover the needs of the entire population.
It happened on the eve of Independence Day—almost as if it had been planned. Uruguay’s vaccination rate is third in the world, and cases plummeting.
The government banked on a fast vaccination campaign to control the pandemic in Uruguay. The data shows the strategy is working.
Thanks to a strong vaccination campaign, Uruguay will open its borders to all travellers from November 1st. Travellers must show proof of vaccination.
As Reuters reports Uruguay covid cases are down to 5% of its peak, we run you through the numbers and maps we access every day here in Uruguay.
Take a peek at the numbers of people getting vaccinated, where they live and their ages. Spoiler alert: People are getting vaccinated in droves.
Good news!! Health minister foresees, as Uruguay vaccination numbers among best in the world, a return to normalcy and travel to Uruguay. Find out when.
Cases increased dramatically in March —compared to what we’d seen until now. Guru’Guay gives you an overview from the ground of what’s happening in Uruguay.