Tour Montevideo in a private, air-conditioned vehicle. Learn juicy historical background and secrets behind the city’s most beautiful architecture including Montevideo’s hundred-year old agricultural market. Climb the iconic Palacio Salvo for birds eye views of the city. Get a feel for Montevideo’s vibrant carnival and afro-Uruguayan culture. And most importantly taste that mate tea that everyone but everyone is carrying around!
Your private guide will be German-American tour guide Christine Dulin. She’s been living in the city for more than half a decade now and knows all the great places to visit.
If you want, Christine can help you on where to go and what to do during the rest of your stay including mapping out your preferred shopping locations and entertainment spots.
After your time with Christine, you’ll be ready to explore the city armed with the information to get to the best stuff faster.
Almost all days, pending availability
- A four-hour private city tour for you and your group
- Private transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up at your accommodation
- A trilingual guide who is very knowledgeable about the city
- Guided tour of the Palacio Salvo (approx. 50min)
- Entrance fee & guided tour of the Carnival Museum (approx. 20min)
- Visit to the Montevideo Agricultural Market
- Mate tasting
- Great information about the history and culture of Uruguay
- Tour in English, Spanish or German
FAQ Where does the tour start?
At your pick up point of choice in central Montevideo (includes Ciudad Vieja, Centro, Pocitos and Punta Carretas). If you are staying outside of those areas there will be a surcharge of 15 USD per person.
FAQ Where does the tour end?
Your end point can be back at your accommodation or at the Port Market which The Guardian newspaper called Disneyland for Carnivores.
Solo tour 280 USD, 2-3 people 145 USD each, 4 people 110 USD each. Significant discounts for four and more.
Reserve now or ask for a quote
- Address: Directions