70% of all wine in Uruguay is produced in the Montevideo-Canelones wine region of Uruguay, and amazingly it’s located under an hour from downtown. A whole different wine world awaits you just minutes away. On this tour by Damian of Borravino, you’ll be introduced the Uruguay’s famous Tannat wines by a born-and-bred South American wine enthusiast.
Your tour starts with a personal pick-up at your hotel. Or pick up at your cruise ship – it’s a prefect shore excursion. You’ll visit two completely different and contrasting wineries. What they’ll have in common is that you’ll be hosted by the winery owners and family. You‘ll get to feel their passion and love for their work. And spend the afternoon at their table, like old friends, drinking wines paired with cheese and appetizers.
Borravino Tours are designed and led by Damián Piñón. Damian’s other passion is history, especially of Uruguay and South America. When Damian is not leading other wine enthusiasts around South America he is at home in Colonia making his own artisanal wine. If you’re thinking of making a wine safari around Uruguay and Argentina, Damian is your man.
Read this comment from a VERY satisfied wine lover: “Damian Piñón is passionate about what he does! From beginning to the end of our two weeks abroad, Damian’s insight, expertise, attention to detail, concern and charisma made for an experience that exceeded expectations. He is deliberate and thoughtful in planning, attentively working to offer the best selection of places to visit that match objectives. His warm and engaging manner, coupled with his wealth of historical knowledge makes it easy to comprehend the complexities of this most fascinating part of our world. From globally owned wineries at the foothills of the Andes in Mendoza, Argentina to the fourth-generation family-owned producers outside of Colonia and Montevideo, Uruguay, Damian offered a plethora of venues each showcasing something unique! Bravo, Damian. We will return to see more in the future. Thank you making such treasured memories.”
Any day of the week pending availability
- All transfers
- Expert guide and sommeliers
- Visits to 2 family-owned wineries
- Tasting of up to 10 or more wines (including from the barrel)
- “Picadas” – plates of local cheeses, breads
- Opportunity to meet winemakers face–to–face
- The tour takes up to seven hours depending on the tour chosen
- Come away with good background on Uruguayan wine, the signature wine, Tannat, and how wines are made here
- Come away with a real feel for Uruguay
- Combine your trip with a tour to Argentina wine country (Mendoza and in the future, Salta). Enquire below.
- Reservations and payment online
5% off when you book through the Guru’Guay website
Reserve now or ask for a quote
- Address: Directions