Estancia Los Platanos lies in a remote spot of the rolling sierras of central Uruguay. The 1000-acre ranch welcomes a limited number of guests to work and play for a while on a real South American estancia, horse-riding and tending cattle and sheep.
With just three guestrooms, the estancia only hosts a maximum of eight guests at any one time. At night the only light to be seen comes from the headlights of an occasional car travelling the distant Ruta 7, the fireflies and the Milky Way.
In Los Platanos, you’ll be received by Marina, sixth generation of the Cantera family. Her husband, Andres, has also lived all his life in Treinta y Tres. He’s the one taking you out on the estancia.
- Large ensuite bathrooms to a five-star standard
- Traditional country fare
- Breakfast always includes fresh home-made bread or pastries
- English-speaking host (Marina)
- Option to get involved in daily work of the ranch
- Wild-life spotting
- Swimming at a waterhole on the property
- All inclusive price includes all activities and meals (bring your own beer and wine)
What you should know
- Don’t expect a great internet connection
- If poor weather limits activities, the estancia waives the all-inclusive charge
120 USD per person per day, all inclusive. Bed & breakfast also available.
5% off your entire stay paying with credit card or 10% off paying cash when you book through the Guru’Guay website
Reserve now or ask for a quote
Airport/Montevideo transfer Have Andres pick you up in the family 4×4. As he knows the highway like the back of his hand, he will get you safely to Los Platanos in just two hours. The cost is 100 USD one way (up to four people).
Los Platanos – an authentic estancia run by 6th generation ranchers Find out more about the history of Los Platanos, seasonal activities, and the Guru’s analysis of what’s great and what you should be aware of including best times to visit
- Address: Directions