Stay in this tiny award-winning art-deco guesthouse in the heart of Montevideo’s Old City. No need for a car, Casa Sarandi is minutes walk from historic cafes, theatres, galleries, museums, bars and the city’s best restaurants.
Our guestrooms have private bathrooms, hotel-quality queen-size beds and imported linen. En suite rooms and the living room have their own balconies with views of the Old City and the sea.
You’ll have access to a fully-equipped kitchen and shared living room. Perfect for the independent traveller.
Casa Sarandi is run by the Karen, the creator of this website and the Guru’Guay guidebooks.
On arrival myself or a family member will be there to show you around the guesthouse and orient you to the city and neighbourhood. And I’ll personally send you daily recommendations based on your preferences to music and other local events.
Our edge is providing you with insider info that will make your stay in Uruguay unforgettable. Thousands of people visit Guru’Guay each month but when you stay with us you get the inside scoop personally – even before you arrive if that’s what you need.
- En suite bathroom
- Private balcony with table and chair
- Hotel-quality queen-size bed
- Writing desk
- Air conditioning/heating that you control & ceiling fan
- Large lockable closet with lots of hangers
- Daily maid service except Sundays
- Smoking on balconies allowed, rest of the house is 100% smoke-free
- Access to lounge with balcony
- Use of fully-equipped kitchen
- Tea and coffee, includes Bialetti espresso pot
- Free phone calls to any fixed line in Uruguay
- Books, guidebooks, art books, board games for adults and kids
- Selection of Uruguayan CDs to listen to
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- A personal orientation to Montevideo, our indispensable mini-guide and a map on arrival
- Daily recommendations of things to do which only the locals know
- Direct access to my contacts accrued over fifteen years
What you should know
We are just one block from the colonial square, two blocks from Plaza Independencia and two blocks from the sea. It’s a very central location meaning you can walk everywhere and with excellent access to public transport. However this means street noise. 98% of our guests say our double-glazing works extremely well to keep the noise level down but very light sleepers please be warned.
From 85 USD per night per room
Reserve now or ask for a quote
Book now on the Casa Sarandi website or contact Karen through our website with your question
Read more about the Guru of Guru’Guay