The Guru’Guay Guides: Where to buy in South America
The Guru’Guay Guide to Montevideo and The Guru’Guay Guide to Uruguay: Beaches, Ranches and Wine Country are the only English-language travel books written by someone who actually lives in Uruguay, one of South America’s off-the-radar destinations. You can buy them right now for your tablet or phone. Or pick them up in paperback on Amazon or at these stockists in Argentina and Uruguay.
- Academia Buenos Aires Hipólito Yrigoyen 571, 4th floor just off Plaza de Mayo
Colonia del Sacramento, Colonia
- Cafe Buen Suspiro, Calle de los Suspiros, on Colonia’s most iconic street <- only store with the two books
- Charco Hotel, San Pedro 116, Old Town
- La Posadita de la Plaza on the main square in the Old Town
- Solis Theatre gift shop, Teatro Solis next to the Plaza de Independencia**
- El Galeon, Plaza Independencia 1382 (rare and antiquarian bookstore)
- Más Puro Verso, Sarandí 675 (classic bookstore)
- Museo Andes 1972, Rincón 619 (museum)
- Academia Uruguay language school on Colonial Square
- La Pasionaria, Reconquista 587 (day-time restaurant, bookshop, gift shop)
- Sin Pretensiones, Sarandí 366 (day-time restaurant and antique furniture store)
- Alma Histórica Boutique Hotel on Plaza Zabala
- La Lupa libros, Bacacay 1318 bis (bookshop)
- Museo Torres García, Sarandí 683 (art gallery and museum to Uruguay’s most famous painter)
- Moebius, Perez Castellano 1432 (books & art on the pedestrian street close to the port)
** Open seven days a week 11am-7pm
Alquimista Bistró & Hotel, Av Bolivia 1323 (charming hotel with restaurant) NEW!
- Los Horneros, Guayaqui 3322 (wine and craft beer store)
- My Suites, Benito Blanco 674 (thematic hotel and restaurant specialising in wine)
- Libros de la Arena, Benito Blanco 962 (bookshop)
- Escaramuza, Pablo de Maria 1185 (gorgeous bookshop with patio and open-air cafe, pictured above)
- Mercado Ferrando, Chaná 2120 (gourmet market) NEW!
- Friendly Point, Joaquin de Salterain 931 on the park (LGBTI tourist information)
- Contraluz, Juan D. Jackson 865 (hostel)
- Kalima, Durazno 1952 (cultural restaurant and pub)
Punta del Este area
- La Pasionaria, La Barra on the high street (design store)
Posada Valizas, Valizas (guesthouse)
Would you like to sell The Guru’Guay Guides? Le gustaria vender la Guias?
Contacte/ Write to email@example.com.
Login to add this listing to your wishlist